A batch controller is a piece of electronic equipment that, when installed with an appropriate flowmeter, measures the volume of liquid that flows through a line and controls a valve to dispense an exact quantity of liquid into a process.
- Commercial baking or food manufacturing operations
- Commercial breweries
- Cosmetics and pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Chemical manufacturers diluting concentrates or powdered chemicals to be sold as a diluted liquid.
- Commercial cleaners breaking down bulk chemical into bottles for use by employees.
- Packaging finished product into bottles, drums or intermediate bulk containers
Benefits of Batch Controlling
Batch controllers have a range of benefits including;
- Automating repetitive liquid dispensing tasks without increasing labour cost.
- Improved utilisation of existing workforce by turning liquid dispensing tasks into a ‘button press’, allowing workers to move on to other tasks while the batch controller does its job.
- The ability to scale up a manufacturing plant without adding a large workforce.
- Improved quality of the manufactured product by more accurately controlling the volume of ingredients.
- Avoiding spoiled batches which could be caused by accidental over addition of an ingredient.
- Reduced wastage of ingredients or concentrates.
- Improved occupational work health and safety by avoiding spillage of hazardous liquids.